Posts Tagged ‘eco’
Vetrazzo countertops have become very famous in recent days. They are the most preferred product selected among households these days. A Vetrazzo is a recycled glass material countertop that has an expressive design and sensational colors to fill the eye. It is mostly green in color and eco-friendly. The countertop is very practical and durable, capable of handling all the variable work done in a regular kitchen. It is made in the US with a non-resin binder and 85% post-consumer recycled glass. The item contains no toxic chemicals or petroleum products. Vetrazzo is known for its high resistance to moisture, chemicals, heat, and mold.
Sources of Vetrazzo
As a recycled glass, this counter top is made from the recycled versions of dinnerware, stained glass, reclaimed glass, windshields, windows, laboratory glass, traffic lights, etc. The various glasses are utilized through professional fabrication to give its current form.
Why is it popular?
There is no doubt about the fact that these recycled glass counters look fabulous. When you see them, you will be mesmerized by their charm, their intrinsic pattern, and the effect they will have on your overall home décor. These eco-friendly items will not only enhance the look in your kitchen, but they’ll also make it very easy and hassle-free for you to use all appliances on them. It will be a jewel to your kitchen, bathroom, and all other rooms.
Features of Vetrazzo
The countertops made from recycled glass that we know as Vetrazzo are bestowed with the following features:
- Easy to maintain
- Available in variety of sizes and design patterns
A Vetrazzo general comes with 10 years warranty and a recycling program, but that often varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. With the rising topic of incorporating more natural and healthier components into our interior design material, Vetrazzo is a great option.
Recycled glass counters are something that people may question when choosing for their kitchen or bathroom, but these particular counter tops offer a unique element to the kitchen. The texture and color possibilities available in these counters are endless and they are eco-friendly options for your home. Made from durable materials like granite, quartz, etc, they offer a trendy aspect to your interior design. Like all other items, these counter tops have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are planning to use recycled glass as countertops, it is better that you know all about it before you make the purchase for your kitchen.
Some more facts about recycled glass
Recycled glass counters do not require much maintenance. They are easy to clean with just a little soap and water necessary to get the job done. However, if the counter is cement-based, the binders used must be kept away from acidic substances as they might etch and affect the surface. If you are looking for a durable item that will hold up to all the tough work you do in the kitchen, then these recycled versions of glass countertops are perfect for domestic as well as commercial use.
Most often, recycled counters are made of 100% recycled glass. They also use new glass for the making of the counter tops. All of these variations are eco-friendly. Unlike cement, binders, or resins, glass does not use any chemicals or harmful agents that may cause problems to your health or environment. They help to share towards your valuable contribution in making the environment better.
Another advantage of this type of item is their versatility in design and colors. As they are available in various shades and design, you can choose based on the décor you already have or want for your kitchen. Crushed glass gives them a contemporary look, which is perfect for any modern kitchen.
Going Green seems to be the latest and greatest way to do just about anything these days. Using natural stone in interior design and exterior home construction is just another way of following the trend. Many people will tell you that there’s countless benefits of using natural stone products like being environmentally friendly, beneficial to our health, and durable; but one question that doesn’t get addressed enough is, “How?”
- Environmentally Friendly- Opting to use natural stone rather than synthetic material can benefit the environment in many ways. In its natural state, it does not require the use of energy or power for production. As a result, pollution is not generated in the creation of natural stone, and we’re saving energy for the Earth. Natural stone also has a thermal mass which naturally insulates, saving energy that would be needed to cool or heat a home.
- Durability- Rock is known for its indestructible qualities. When choosing between construction materials, keep in mind the ability of stone to withstand rain, wind, snow, hail, fire and heat. Further, when stone is used to build interior structures like countertops, it is not easily scratched, stained, or burned.
- Health Conscious- The natural state of stone means that no chemicals or synthetics are added to it. We should always be conscious of the material we’re using to build the place in which we live. This is the atmosphere in which we’ll spend a lot of our time and the air we’ll be breathing each day. Using natural material, especially stone, will lower our chances of ingesting airborne chemicals and having long-term health effects.
- Cost Effective- Considering its durability and the negative health effects we’re avoiding, we are saving money as a result. In the event that your kitchen counters or floors are made of a damageable product, you will inevitably find scratches and stains that you’ll need to spend money to fix. Also, breathing in contaminated air from synthetic material inside the home may result in paying for doctors visits and prescriptions. Meanwhile, using a natural, indestructible product will lower the chances of these scenarios.