Posts Tagged ‘counter’
The Pantheon, in the city of Rome, stands as a gorgeous tribute to the remarkable architecture that scripted it. Its splendor brings to light the brilliance of White Carrera marbles in transforming the appeal of any monument. The use of White Carrera marbles has since translated over to many different countries and become a popular material for homes. For centuries together, Carrera marbles have been extensively used in homes and public spaces. The reasons why it has such unfailing patronage are predictable.
1. Unmatched beauty makes it a countertop of choice – There are few ways to achieve the look that is offered by White Carrera marbles. We all like marble studded flamboyance for our kitchens; its presence is light, uplifting, and classic. Amidst stainless steel appliances or personalized ornaments, White Carrera marble studded kitchen countertops come across as a breath of fresh air. The overall look is sleek and clean, and it allows for all types of design and decoration routes beyond the countertops.
2. Carrera marbles can be suitably maintained – Homeowners yearn to have Carrera marbled countertops in their household; yet, there has been debate on their longevity due to platina formation and general degradation (triggered by wear and tear ). Lack of timely maintenance could result in platina formation and a reduction in the life of the marble. Since the rise of these concerns, however, many companies have come up with sealants (or spray cleaners) to enhance its longevity. Wiping up spills and stains as soon as possible and not allowing them to seep into the surface has been suggested as a possible remedy to keep the marble neat and lustrous. The love affair that we have with marbles has also been boosted by polishing the marbles and reducing wear and tear considerably.
As do many natural stone materials, each comes with a certain level of maintenance and methods of protection. That is, after all, one of the factors that makes having stone and marble countertops so exclusive and next-level. Check out the White Carrera marble trend that’s sweeping homes by storm.
Deep inside the earth’s crust, feldspar and mica reacted with each other and became molten as a result. The molten mixture showed up on the earth’s surface as it cooled down. Such interesting origins of granite and its aesthetic aura have made it popular in homes across the globe. The real-estate industry swears by it due to its beauty and longevity. Quite predictably, these qualities of granite are known to increase the economic value of homes.
- Granite counters in a kitchen can boost its visual appeal. – When you walk into a kitchen as a prospective buyer or as its proud owner, the sight of granite countertops is a reflection of other details of the home. Granite stands out due to its striated look and natural beauty. The compelling shades and colors can bring about a sense of calm and peacefulness to a kitchen. Undoubtedly, a kitchen is close to the owner’s heart, playing host to quality family dinners, a central hub for dinner parties with friends, and the one place everyone can gather and spend time together. Deciding to install granite to your countertops in this sacred part of the home reflects the attention and detail the owners have put into the rest of the home as well.
- The overall ability to sell is boosted. – Aside from its aesthetic qualities, granite brings with it economic benefits. A well-sealed granite countertop is as durable and long-lasting as they come; its hardness is second only to diamond. Its heat-resistant properties and ability to remain scratch-free gives it an advantage as a choice of countertops. Homes with granite countertops and details have been known to sell quickly and easily. Almost 25% of granite’s retail value gets added onto the home value. Add to that the durability of granite and we have a win-win situation. For all its qualities and reasonable pricing, granite countertops become an indispensable part of any modern-day home.
Using natural materials in your home, especially on your counter tops, is important if you are looking for something that is safe for the health and general well being of you and your family. Natural stones have made a big comeback with beautiful, natural materials like marble, granite and soapstone growing in popularity.
Color Your World With Natural Stone Counter Tops
Using natural stones doesn’t have to mean that your counter or table tops in the kitchen will be any less elegant. Take granite, for example: you can find shades and patterns to suit every style. You also have the option of choosing a product with a hint of a blue, a tinge of gray, a warm brown or yellow, or pristine white.
Go Natural For Your Health
When making a choice of stone for your counter tops, going natural is a good idea. If you’re an avid baker or love to cook, you’ll get much more use out of the counter tops than the average person who does not. It can be comforting to know that the surface in which you place the food you feed to yourself and your family is free of synthetic and superficial material. Most foods, especially fruits and veggies, are like sponges as they absorb water and other substances they come into contact with. Natural countertops won’t contain any chemicals, and as a result, we won’t be ingesting these substances.
Natural Stone Counter Tops & Ventilation
An important factor to take into consideration when making a decision to install natural stone counter tops or other home structures is an efficient ventilation system throughout your entire home. This could mean anything from your vents, to electrical outlets, to plumbing pipes. Each of these factors allows ventilation of stagnant air indoors to be replaced with fresh air from the outdoors. When using any sort of natural component in your home, it’s important to provide it with proper ventilation as it would be receiving in its natural habitat. This will keep your lungs and overall health clear of dangerous substances.
Vetrazzo countertops have become very famous in recent days. They are the most preferred product selected among households these days. A Vetrazzo is a recycled glass material countertop that has an expressive design and sensational colors to fill the eye. It is mostly green in color and eco-friendly. The countertop is very practical and durable, capable of handling all the variable work done in a regular kitchen. It is made in the US with a non-resin binder and 85% post-consumer recycled glass. The item contains no toxic chemicals or petroleum products. Vetrazzo is known for its high resistance to moisture, chemicals, heat, and mold.
Sources of Vetrazzo
As a recycled glass, this counter top is made from the recycled versions of dinnerware, stained glass, reclaimed glass, windshields, windows, laboratory glass, traffic lights, etc. The various glasses are utilized through professional fabrication to give its current form.
Why is it popular?
There is no doubt about the fact that these recycled glass counters look fabulous. When you see them, you will be mesmerized by their charm, their intrinsic pattern, and the effect they will have on your overall home décor. These eco-friendly items will not only enhance the look in your kitchen, but they’ll also make it very easy and hassle-free for you to use all appliances on them. It will be a jewel to your kitchen, bathroom, and all other rooms.
Features of Vetrazzo
The countertops made from recycled glass that we know as Vetrazzo are bestowed with the following features:
- Easy to maintain
- Available in variety of sizes and design patterns
A Vetrazzo general comes with 10 years warranty and a recycling program, but that often varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. With the rising topic of incorporating more natural and healthier components into our interior design material, Vetrazzo is a great option.
Recycled glass counters are something that people may question when choosing for their kitchen or bathroom, but these particular counter tops offer a unique element to the kitchen. The texture and color possibilities available in these counters are endless and they are eco-friendly options for your home. Made from durable materials like granite, quartz, etc, they offer a trendy aspect to your interior design. Like all other items, these counter tops have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are planning to use recycled glass as countertops, it is better that you know all about it before you make the purchase for your kitchen.
Some more facts about recycled glass
Recycled glass counters do not require much maintenance. They are easy to clean with just a little soap and water necessary to get the job done. However, if the counter is cement-based, the binders used must be kept away from acidic substances as they might etch and affect the surface. If you are looking for a durable item that will hold up to all the tough work you do in the kitchen, then these recycled versions of glass countertops are perfect for domestic as well as commercial use.
Most often, recycled counters are made of 100% recycled glass. They also use new glass for the making of the counter tops. All of these variations are eco-friendly. Unlike cement, binders, or resins, glass does not use any chemicals or harmful agents that may cause problems to your health or environment. They help to share towards your valuable contribution in making the environment better.
Another advantage of this type of item is their versatility in design and colors. As they are available in various shades and design, you can choose based on the décor you already have or want for your kitchen. Crushed glass gives them a contemporary look, which is perfect for any modern kitchen.