It’s no secret that granite is one of the most sought-after countertop materials in Colorado Springs. Read on to find out what makes granite the best choice for a countertop in your home:
Why Granite Countertops are the Best Choice of Countertop
- Granite is beautiful. It’s hard to surpass nature’s beauty. As a natural product, granite has a charm all its own that is both timeless and appealing. Granite will probably never lose its popularity. It also comes in many different shades, so you can get it to match any color palette.
- Granite is tough. Since granite is made out of stone, it is practically impossible to scratch the surface of granite. It can handle a lot of use and still stay strong and beautiful.
- Granite can handle heat. You can easily place granite near a stovetop without having to worry. No potholder, no problem. You can set a hot pan down without damaging or weakening the granite. It will not melt or blister when exposed to heat.
- Granite can resist stains. Although granite might be naturally porous when found in nature, granite countertops are sealed before installation to make them nonporous. You can easily clean up spills and not have to worry about any stains left behind.
- Granite is nontoxic. There are no dangerous chemicals in granite since it is just made out of stone from nature. Neither does it emit toxic radiation or gases.
- Undermount sinks. With granite countertops, you can mount a sink underneath the granite. You can have the granite cut to fit the size of the sink hole. This keeps crumbs from being stuck on the lip of a sink that is mounted on the surface. You can also easily wipe spills right into the sink without running into the lip.
Are you ready to find out which granite countertop would work the best for your home? We have a large variety of quality granite to choose from. Stop in our Colorado Springs showroom or contact us.