If you’ve been thinking about upgrading your kitchen countertops, consider the conversational character of granite.
Imagine this: Your dinner guests have abandoned your dining room and gathered in your kitchen — again. And what do they want to talk about? Your beautiful granite countertops. After you’ve told them who installed them, what other granite stories can you tell them?
Plenty! Read on to learn more.
5 Fascinating Facts about the Granite in Granite Countertops
· Granite is our planet. Most of the continental shelves are made of granite.
· Granite is a huge part of history. It has existed almost as long as the earth, which is a real demonstration as to the durability of the surface! Having granite in your home is like utilizing one of the planet’s most timeless and beautiful treasures.
· Granite makes rock climbing fun. Mountaineers love climbing granite ledges because granite rarely breaks. Climbing gyms all around the country follow nature’s example and use granite for their rock climbing walls. Nothing keeps you on the side of the mountain like a sturdy handhold!
· Granite’s hardness is second only to diamond’s. This feature makes it a great countertop. You can use your knives on granite countertops all day long. Unless you’re using your diamond-edged knife, you won’t scratch it.
· Granite is the choice of monument makers. For millennia, monument makers have chosen granite when they want to make that special statement. The Pyramids of Giza, the Statute of Liberty and the mysterious stone circles of Stonehenge all use granite.
Call Us About Beautiful Granite Countertops
Keep your dinner guests easily entertained with intriguing granite countertops in your Colorado Springs home. Call us at 719-522-0748 or send us a message online to learn more about the fascinating ways you can upgrade your countertops.