Posts Tagged ‘Fun Facts’
If you’ve been thinking about upgrading your kitchen countertops, consider the conversational character of granite.
Imagine this: Your dinner guests have abandoned your dining room and gathered in your kitchen — again. And what do they want to talk about? Your beautiful granite countertops. After you’ve told them who installed them, what other granite stories can you tell them?
Plenty! Read on to learn more.
5 Fascinating Facts about the Granite in Granite Countertops
· Granite is our planet. Most of the continental shelves are made of granite.
· Granite is a huge part of history. It has existed almost as long as the earth, which is a real demonstration as to the durability of the surface! Having granite in your home is like utilizing one of the planet’s most timeless and beautiful treasures.
· Granite makes rock climbing fun. Mountaineers love climbing granite ledges because granite rarely breaks. Climbing gyms all around the country follow nature’s example and use granite for their rock climbing walls. Nothing keeps you on the side of the mountain like a sturdy handhold!
· Granite’s hardness is second only to diamond’s. This feature makes it a great countertop. You can use your knives on granite countertops all day long. Unless you’re using your diamond-edged knife, you won’t scratch it.
· Granite is the choice of monument makers. For millennia, monument makers have chosen granite when they want to make that special statement. The Pyramids of Giza, the Statute of Liberty and the mysterious stone circles of Stonehenge all use granite.
Call Us About Beautiful Granite Countertops
Keep your dinner guests easily entertained with intriguing granite countertops in your Colorado Springs home. Call us at 719-522-0748 or send us a message online to learn more about the fascinating ways you can upgrade your countertops.
If you’re tired of your outdated countertops, you may be debating the wide variety of replacement materials available — from granite to laminate to quartz or even polished concrete. However, when it comes to long-lasting quality and a show-stopping appearance, there isn’t much that can rival engineered quartz. Read on to learn more about this durable material.
5 Facts on Quartz Countertops
#1: It can be made anywhere.
While you may assume that quartz is mined around the world, engineered quartz (the source of the majority of building-grade quartz in the U.S.) can be manufactured using waste rock just about anywhere. This can mean finding locally-sourced quartz countertops even in urban Colorado Springs.
#2: Engineered quartz is one of the eco-friendliest countertop materials available.
Because this type of quartz is generated through the recycling of waste products for other stone-based materials and is mixed with a polymer, it’s extremely eco-friendly. In addition to the use of recycled materials, the method of production uses very little energy.
#3: Quartz is more widely used than you think.
If you’ve ever been in an ornate public building like an airport, train station or courthouse, it’s likely you were walking on quartz slabs and stairs rather than marble. Because engineered quartz is made from waste rock, it’s one of the most inexpensive large-scale building options, perfect for the builder that wants to create an attractive and durable public surface on a tight budget.
#4: It has natural antimicrobial properties.
Quartz is an unusual mineral in that it requires no additional treatment to kill many surface microbes.
#5: It’s easily customizable.
Unlike granite, which is difficult to join at corners, engineered quartz can be manufactured in custom shapes and sizes to fit any kitchen.
Now that you’ve learned more about the benefits of this unique material, if you’re in the market for some new kitchen countertops in Colorado Springs and are beginning to consider quartz, call our office today to schedule your free in-home consultation.