Posts Tagged ‘Decor’
Carrara marble makes for a beautiful addition to any home. With blue-gray veining, this type of fine Italian marble is most often used in kitchen countertops, stand-alone bar islands, bathroom countertops, or as flooring.
Using Colors To Set Room Tones
Carrara marble is as versatile as it is beautiful. It can be paired with several colors to achieve the desired tone or room setting.
- Creating A Relaxation Area With An Ethereal Tone: Carrara marble is often used to set an ethereal room tone by pairing it’s cool blue undertones with white walls. To achieve a slightly more modern, yet still delicate tone, Carrara can be paired with light gray walls that feature a crisp white trim. This combination can also add depth to smaller rooms and create an additional layer of architectural complexity.
- Harmony Can Be Found In Creams And Peaches: Creating a harmonious tone is made easy when you pair Carrara marble with cream or peach colors. The sheen of the marble will complement the pale wall color, while strategically placed hanging glass lights will create a dynamic interplay of shadow, textures, and light.
- Create Dynamic Contrasts Between Light And Dark: Speaking of light and dark, espresso furniture and crystal light accents can be used to enhance the crisp whiteness of Carrara. A similarly dynamic effect can be achieved by painting walls a warm gray with red undertones, which will complement the red found in espresso furniture, and the blue hues in the marble.
Discover Carrara Countertops In Colorado Springs
It is no secret that Carrara marble is beautiful. Whether you prefer to use marble, or similarly patterned quartz or granite in your home, Planet Granite can help! Set the right tone and discover the perfect Colorado Springs granite countertops for your home, when you call our office to schedule a free in-home consultation.
When selecting a color scheme for your home kitchen or bathroom countertops in Colorado Springs, you may wonder if the gray tones of granite might seem dreary. But actually, the opposite is true when it comes to the appearance of granite or even quartz as a countertop material. Lighter gray tones add a warmth and serenity to contemporary kitchens, while the darker gray tones will impart a sense of sophistication to a modern decor.
Using Gray Tones in Granite Countertops
Gray is a neutral color that can serve as a backdrop for a vibrant color scheme, or provide a blending effect for kitchens and bathrooms that boast muted tones. When gray hues are used appropriately, they can add a heightened sense of calm to an environment.
A wide range of gray tones exist in natural stones: charcoal gray, pewter gray, beige gray, and blue-gray are just a few. Here are a few ways to utilize gray tones in your kitchen and countertops:
- Cherry or Mahogany Cabinetry – Avoid the dark-gray-toned stone and instead opt for a gray granite pattern that is light-colored with a good amount of marbling. Look for a granite pattern with flecks of burgundy to the red undertones will complement your cabinetry.
- White Cabinets – For a dramatic kitchen or bath, matte black and gray countertops are perfect for a contemporary styling. The contrast will accentuate white cabinetry and make a bold statement. For less contrasts, opt for brown and beige granite patterns.
- Warm Wood Cabinets – Woods such as pine, maple and oak will benefit from the peaceful tones of neutral gray patterns that are light gray in color. Honey-toned cabinets mated with light countertops will fill the area with warmth and serenity.
To find the perfect combination of gray tones and color for your next kitchen or bath renovation in Colorado Springs, contact Planet Granite to speak with one of our experienced design consultants today!
If you’re eager to upgrade the counters in your Colorado Springs home, you’re wise to choose a natural stone, such as granite. The strength of stone countertops makes them resistant to scratches and heat marks. With proper sealing, granite is also stain resistant and non-porous.
The beautiful veining of granite countertops in Colorado Springs makes this material a gorgeous choice for both kitchen and bathroom countertops. But did you know that no two slabs are exactly alike? Indeed, granite comes in many color varieties. With this in mind, you have two primary categories to choose from: light granite counters and dark granite counters.
Decide Between Light and Dark
In addition to having different aesthetics, light and dark granite vary in density. Light granite is less dense and therefore slightly more vulnerable to staining. If you prefer this shade, be sure to follow the recommended sealing schedule. You may want to opt for dark granite if the counter is subjected to excessive wear and tear.
Match the Current Color Scheme
Unless you’re completely remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, consider the existing colors. For instance, if you have cream-colored cabinets and maple wood flooring, yellow-hued granite countertops may look stunning. Dark cherry cabinets and light brown flooring could contrast well with a brown-toned countertop. Gray or black cabinets look best with a gray-colored granite slab.
Let the Granite Countertop Set the Tone
Perhaps you’re gutting the kitchen entirely or putting in a new bathroom. If so, you might want to find a granite slab you love and use it as inspiration for the color scheme. This is your chance to put your own personal flair on the design.
For more help picking the right color granite, turn to the experts at Planet Granite. We’ll answer your questions, show you product samples, and provide our expert design advice. For a free in-home consultation, please contact us today.
As the old British saying goes, “Your home is your castle.” This means that your home is your refuge. Your home is sacred space. Your home deserves the very best. Giving your countertops the gift of decorated white granite can be a great place to start.
Let’s look at tips you can use when decorating your white granite countertop for your kitchen or bathroom.
For many of us, the kitchen is a room we deeply treasure. It holds the most savory of treats and provides a place for us to bake warm chocolate chip cookies with the kids while they share their experiences of the day.
There are many avenues you can take when decorating your kitchen countertop. For a classic, ageless appeal, use pure white granite countertops. This option offers a light, cheerful quality, especially when combined with discreet white cabinets and matching flooring.
A brown, gray or black decorative backsplash can accentuate the natural coloring within your white granite countertop. In addition, inviting in elements of crystal, glass or stainless steel can bring a true radiance to your design.
For your bathroom, create some flair by adding quartz countertops to the decor. Many varieties are known for their stain- and scratch-resistant qualities. As an added perk, many quartz countertops are made with certain resins that create a non-porous surface, eliminating the potential need for resealing in the future.
While looking for granite countertops in Colorado Springs, keep in mind how a white slab countertop can bring a more trendy feel to the room!
Colorado Springs Granite Countertop
There are many amazing granite and cabinet combinations to choose from, and the possibilities are endless. With so many options, it may feel overwhelming at times. If you’d like help upgrading your granite countertops, give us a call today. Our considerate professionals are delighted to support you with all of your countertop needs!
Granite has been a hot trend in home and business decor for years and for good reasons: it’s a stylish, durable and versatile material. Granite countertops are heat- and scratch-resistant and the fine, non-porous grain makes them stain-resistant as well. They are ideal throughout the house, from the kitchen to bathroom and beyond. If you keep a home or business in the Colorado Springs area, Planet Granite can connect you with the finest granite countertops.
How to Mix and Match Granite to Get the Look You Want
For a modern, contemporary style, consider colors like black or deep grey. Add brighter contrast with pale, creamy tones. This can look great when paired with dark wood accents throughout the space. For a warmer, relaxed appearance, choose neutral browns and mid-tone grey shades with subtle patterns. To make your counter the focal point of the room, look for spectacular green and gold granites.
Colorado Springs’ Granite Countertops Experts
At Planet Granite, our experts will help you find the exact right piece to fit the unique aesthetic of your business or home. We import from both local quarries and sources around the world to offer a wide variety of stunning colors, shades, textures and countertop sizes.
Our design process is easy, from start to finish. Contact us to set up a free consultation at your convenience. One of our talented and experienced designers will come to your home or business to measure the space and discuss your goals and budget. You’ll be given a free estimate and the designer will answer any questions you may have. Once you give the go-ahead, the countertops will be installed quickly.
Planet Granite is the Colorado Springs’ premier granite countertop expert. No matter the size of the project, we can help bring your design vision to life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your granite countertop upgrade.
Kitchen decorating trends change annually and sometimes in the middle of the year, but there’s one thing that hasn’t changed in centuries, and that’s the timeless beauty of granite. It’s always in style.
It’s an easy choice, but what confounds many people shopping for Colorado Springs kitchen countertops is what color to choose. That’s because they instinctively understand that there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to colors in the kitchen. Here’s a look at the most popular colors and their benefits.
Best Colors For Granite Kitchen Countertops
- White. A lot of people shy away from white because they feel it’s too plain and sanitized, like a hospital operating room. But granite is never plain, there are always veins and flecks of darker colors within, and there are several shades of whiteness. White also makes your kitchen space look larger.
- Brown. A great choice for those wishing to create a warm, homey and rustic type of feel. It also works well with many different cabinet tones, especially lighter shades.
- Beige. This is probably the most versatile color because it works with well many different decor options. Like brown, it’s a great for conveying a rustic atmosphere, and it matches up well with wood cabinets and decorations.
- Black. If you definitely want granite countertops but also would like a solid color, black is the way to go. No need to have a dark decor with this color, instead let it stand out as the centerpiece of your kitchen.
- Jewel-tone. For something bit different and exotic, try this interesting type of granite. It’s striking and eye-catching in its appearance, but it requires a bit more nuance when decorating.
Remember, the color of your granite countertops can change the atmosphere, the emotional impact and even the practical utility of your kitchen.
Have questions about choosing the right granite countertops in Colorado Springs? Contact us at 719-522-0748 or drop us a line online for answers anytime.
Renovating the kitchen is a smart move whether you own a house, condo or townhome. It can create a dramatic first impression, and inspire people to better their eating habits by making homemade meals in the kitchen. But before you get the cooking space of your dreams, you’ll need to pick a color scheme for the counters, walls, cabinets and floors. It all needs to flow for the best possible effect. Learn more about the major factors to keep in mind before you start looking at samples.
What’s trendy right now could lose you thousands of dollars in the long run. For example, in the 1970s wood paneling was all the rage, but that fad died out pretty quickly. You’re looking for something that will last years, and often that means choosing some of the pricier options like granite or quartz. Both of these materials have withstood the test of time, so let them enhance the overall value of your home. This is the time to remember that you’re making an investment, and a neutral color scheme will make it easy for both you and the next buyer to spruce it up and personalize it with their own accessories.
Beige and gray are both excellent colors for countertops, but you can also consider a red or a blue as well. No matter what you do, it just needs to fit into your overall vision for the kitchen. It’s important to think in the long term, you’ll want to think about how you’ll feel about it after several years. An understated, a beautiful granite countertop might just be the perfect place to enjoy your daily morning cup of coffee.
When you need a little guidance about the best color scheme for your decorating tastes, contact your local Colorado Springs granite countertop designers. They can give you insight, materials and more.