Posts Tagged ‘Cleanliness’
Choosing the best kitchen countertops in Colorado Springs may be difficult considering the benefits of both granite and quartz. Each material will increase the overall value of your home while adding class to your kitchen. Although the ideal surface for you ultimately revolves around personal preferences and your budget, you can rest easy knowing that either product will provide years of hassle free use and easy to maintain beauty.
Choosing Between Granite and Quartz
Granite countertops have the following characteristics:
- Elegant beauty. Granite adds an element of luxury to your kitchen and is available in a variety of colors.
- Simplicity. Granite surfaces are extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- A resistant surface. Granite resists heat, dirt and bacteria.
- Hardness. Short of dropping an extremely heavy object on your countertop, it is very difficult to damage granite.
Some people prefer a quartz surface which offers the following benefits:
- Stain resistance. Quartz is a material made from stone which is highly resistant to stains and does not need to be sealed like granite.
- A slightly softer surface. Quartz is highly durable yet more chip resistant than granite due to its slightly softer surface.
- Seams which are easy to conceal. The seams between slabs of quartz become very subtle once the countertops are installed.
- Resistance to bacteria. With simple cleaning, you won’t need to worry about spreading germs to your family members.
- Lower cost. When compared to granite, quartz is less expensive to install and gives your home a more modern appearance.
A Personal Choice Which Adds Value to Your Home
Regardless of which type of countertop you determine will most effectively meet your needs, both granite and quartz will add elegance to your kitchen area and increase the overall value of your home. When you are ready to select the perfect slab for your granite or quartz countertops in Colorado Springs, give us a call at Planet Granite.