Posts Tagged ‘Benefits’
Granite countertops are an exquisite addition to kitchens and bathrooms. While granite enhances the appearance of these high-traffic areas, that’s not even scratching the surface of what this durable, versatile material has to offer. Consider these benefits of granite you may not have known about.
Granite Counters Are Always In Style
Because it comes in neutral hues and looks great by itself, granite can complement virtually any style you choose for your home. It works well with any color combination. If you remodel your kitchen or bath, you won’t have to replace the countertops.
Granite Is Durable
This sturdy material stands up well to wear and tear. Unlike less durable surfaces, granite is virtually resistant to blemishes, scratches, and heat. If you use your kitchen counters as a cutting board, the stone can dull a knife blade without being damaged by it. You can take hot baking dishes from the oven and set them directly on the counter without scorching it.
Granite Is Stain-Resistant
Granite doesn’t absorb spills as easily as more porous surfaces, making it resistant to stains. Light granite is less dense than the darker variety, so you may want to take that into consideration when weighing your options. Both types, however, hold up well under frequent use.
Granite Requires Minimal Upkeep
Since they don’t absorb stains, these surfaces are incredibly easy to clean. You can get the job done with a paper towel or wet rag. If you prefer, you can use cleaning supplies or a sanitary wipe, but granite does not harbor bacteria. It makes for hassle-free cleaning in kitchens and bathrooms, areas especially prone to germs.
Granite counters give you an optimal return on your investment. Compatible with any interior design, they last a long time and improve the value of your home. If you’re looking for granite or quartz countertops in Colorado Springs, contact us to schedule a free in-home consultation.
Choosing the best kitchen countertops in Colorado Springs may be difficult considering the benefits of both granite and quartz. Each material will increase the overall value of your home while adding class to your kitchen. Although the ideal surface for you ultimately revolves around personal preferences and your budget, you can rest easy knowing that either product will provide years of hassle free use and easy to maintain beauty.
Choosing Between Granite and Quartz
Granite countertops have the following characteristics:
- Elegant beauty. Granite adds an element of luxury to your kitchen and is available in a variety of colors.
- Simplicity. Granite surfaces are extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- A resistant surface. Granite resists heat, dirt and bacteria.
- Hardness. Short of dropping an extremely heavy object on your countertop, it is very difficult to damage granite.
Some people prefer a quartz surface which offers the following benefits:
- Stain resistance. Quartz is a material made from stone which is highly resistant to stains and does not need to be sealed like granite.
- A slightly softer surface. Quartz is highly durable yet more chip resistant than granite due to its slightly softer surface.
- Seams which are easy to conceal. The seams between slabs of quartz become very subtle once the countertops are installed.
- Resistance to bacteria. With simple cleaning, you won’t need to worry about spreading germs to your family members.
- Lower cost. When compared to granite, quartz is less expensive to install and gives your home a more modern appearance.
A Personal Choice Which Adds Value to Your Home
Regardless of which type of countertop you determine will most effectively meet your needs, both granite and quartz will add elegance to your kitchen area and increase the overall value of your home. When you are ready to select the perfect slab for your granite or quartz countertops in Colorado Springs, give us a call at Planet Granite.