The Pantheon, in the city of Rome, stands as a gorgeous tribute to the remarkable architecture that scripted it. Its splendor brings to light the brilliance of White Carrera marbles in transforming the appeal of any monument. The use of White Carrera marbles has since translated over to many different countries and become a popular material for homes. For centuries together, Carrera marbles have been extensively used in homes and public spaces. The reasons why it has such unfailing patronage are predictable.
1. Unmatched beauty makes it a countertop of choice – There are few ways to achieve the look that is offered by White Carrera marbles. We all like marble studded flamboyance for our kitchens; its presence is light, uplifting, and classic. Amidst stainless steel appliances or personalized ornaments, White Carrera marble studded kitchen countertops come across as a breath of fresh air. The overall look is sleek and clean, and it allows for all types of design and decoration routes beyond the countertops.
2. Carrera marbles can be suitably maintained – Homeowners yearn to have Carrera marbled countertops in their household; yet, there has been debate on their longevity due to platina formation and general degradation (triggered by wear and tear ). Lack of timely maintenance could result in platina formation and a reduction in the life of the marble. Since the rise of these concerns, however, many companies have come up with sealants (or spray cleaners) to enhance its longevity. Wiping up spills and stains as soon as possible and not allowing them to seep into the surface has been suggested as a possible remedy to keep the marble neat and lustrous. The love affair that we have with marbles has also been boosted by polishing the marbles and reducing wear and tear considerably.
As do many natural stone materials, each comes with a certain level of maintenance and methods of protection. That is, after all, one of the factors that makes having stone and marble countertops so exclusive and next-level. Check out the White Carrera marble trend that’s sweeping homes by storm.
Deep inside the earth’s crust, feldspar and mica reacted with each other and became molten as a result. The molten mixture showed up on the earth’s surface as it cooled down. Such interesting origins of granite and its aesthetic aura have made it popular in homes across the globe. The real-estate industry swears by it due to its beauty and longevity. Quite predictably, these qualities of granite are known to increase the economic value of homes.
- Granite counters in a kitchen can boost its visual appeal. – When you walk into a kitchen as a prospective buyer or as its proud owner, the sight of granite countertops is a reflection of other details of the home. Granite stands out due to its striated look and natural beauty. The compelling shades and colors can bring about a sense of calm and peacefulness to a kitchen. Undoubtedly, a kitchen is close to the owner’s heart, playing host to quality family dinners, a central hub for dinner parties with friends, and the one place everyone can gather and spend time together. Deciding to install granite to your countertops in this sacred part of the home reflects the attention and detail the owners have put into the rest of the home as well.
- The overall ability to sell is boosted. – Aside from its aesthetic qualities, granite brings with it economic benefits. A well-sealed granite countertop is as durable and long-lasting as they come; its hardness is second only to diamond. Its heat-resistant properties and ability to remain scratch-free gives it an advantage as a choice of countertops. Homes with granite countertops and details have been known to sell quickly and easily. Almost 25% of granite’s retail value gets added onto the home value. Add to that the durability of granite and we have a win-win situation. For all its qualities and reasonable pricing, granite countertops become an indispensable part of any modern-day home.
Using natural stones on countertops is an elegant way to design your interior, and they come with numerous benefits, like an enduring life-cycle, easy maintenance, and durability just to name a few. However, the reason why natural stones have been increasingly used as building materials of late is largely credited to their sustainability.
Sustainability is a crucial factor in any process, as it yields long term financial benefits. It also establishes a smooth and well-structured system unlike the ones lasting for a short span of time. A sustainable process facilitates a better understanding of the requirements of the end user, builds credibility in the market, and improves overall process through implementation of effective measures.
Natural stone is one of the materials that provides energy efficiency, conserves natural resources, and reduces waste and pollution. Well-known quarries where stones have been processed for many years have a better understanding of the process and hence, importing stones from these quarries has become a regular practice.
It has already been established that granite, limestone, marble, sandstone, travertine or slate improves the sustainable level in architecture and design. Natural stone has a longer life cycle as they can endure many variables such as water, heat, cold, and dust– another reason why it’s considered an environment-friendly material. It reduces energy consumption and emission of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Using natural stone as building material has been preferred over brick or wood as of late owing the reason to various favorable factors, such as their unique character, elegance, durability, and variety. Natural stones come from the earth, so there would never be any dearth of resource when they are required. There are numerous other benefits associated with the use of natural stones as building material which is why we see more and more homes and offices are designed with them.
All in all, sustainability supports your purchase as more of an investment. It is one of the most significant factors to consider when choosing a countertop for your interior.
Interiors designed with stones can transform the appearance of a house and take the overall quality of the interior decor up a notch. Stones come in various colors and shapes, giving you the flexibility to design your home or office according to your taste and preference. Apart from their elegance, natural stones also last for a very long time as they’re virtually indestructible.
Over the years, the use of natural stones has significantly grown in popularity. Wood and brick designs, as a result, are giving way to stone designs for their elegance, durability, resistance, and strength. Hence, the demand for natural stones has grown manifold.
Stones are found in many parts of the world; however, their quality and appearance vary to a large extent owing to natural factors and processing. Some of the sources are considered to be better than the rest.
The other factor to keep in mind while procuring stones is the cost of processing. A few sources have a longstanding history of using natural stones as building materials and hence, have an established system of processing and quarrying them. Inevitably, the cost of production at these sources is also less. Many prefer to get the stones shipped from these locations for a cheaper rate.
The primary factor that influences the cost of stone is the denseness because the processing cost for such stones is higher. The other factor is the method of quarrying. If stones are quarried above the ground then the cost involved in the process would be less.
Stones are quarried all over the world and one can get the stones of desired quality and appearance by importing them from the locations where they are processed. After all, no one wants to compromise on the quality, especially when it’s a long-term investment as you do not need to tinker with the interior every now and then.
When you’re making a decision on which stone to use in your interior, consider your favorites and then do a little research on the best places in the world to find them. Then, consider the weather patterns of these places. Details such as these can play a big role in a quality of the stone as well as steer you in a direction to make an educated choice.
Using natural materials in your home, especially on your counter tops, is important if you are looking for something that is safe for the health and general well being of you and your family. Natural stones have made a big comeback with beautiful, natural materials like marble, granite and soapstone growing in popularity.
Color Your World With Natural Stone Counter Tops
Using natural stones doesn’t have to mean that your counter or table tops in the kitchen will be any less elegant. Take granite, for example: you can find shades and patterns to suit every style. You also have the option of choosing a product with a hint of a blue, a tinge of gray, a warm brown or yellow, or pristine white.
Go Natural For Your Health
When making a choice of stone for your counter tops, going natural is a good idea. If you’re an avid baker or love to cook, you’ll get much more use out of the counter tops than the average person who does not. It can be comforting to know that the surface in which you place the food you feed to yourself and your family is free of synthetic and superficial material. Most foods, especially fruits and veggies, are like sponges as they absorb water and other substances they come into contact with. Natural countertops won’t contain any chemicals, and as a result, we won’t be ingesting these substances.
Natural Stone Counter Tops & Ventilation
An important factor to take into consideration when making a decision to install natural stone counter tops or other home structures is an efficient ventilation system throughout your entire home. This could mean anything from your vents, to electrical outlets, to plumbing pipes. Each of these factors allows ventilation of stagnant air indoors to be replaced with fresh air from the outdoors. When using any sort of natural component in your home, it’s important to provide it with proper ventilation as it would be receiving in its natural habitat. This will keep your lungs and overall health clear of dangerous substances.
Interior design mavens are showing a lot of love to white stone counters in Colorado and beyond. Here’s a look at some of the gorgeous ways savvy professionals and design-conscious homeowners are turning this design trend into one that’s here to stay.
White is instantly covetable with so many emotional connotations and design cues from the world over. Depending on where you live, white counters can channel country chic or laid back beachy, while still being ethereal and subtly luxurious. That’s exactly why so many design houses are backing this trend across the United States, including right here in Colorado.
White stones on counters can give a home an instant boost. As interior design ideas go, this is one trend that has remained a timeless classic and with good reason. Picture walking into a home with a glistening white stone counter. It immediately opens up the space, gives a feeling of light, and puts you at ease. Because white has always been the preserve of those lucky enough to have people to keep it looking sparkling, it also connotes luxury on many levels. Yet, the beautiful finish of white stone counters means that you can keep it pristine with minimal effort, not unlike what you would do with other kinds of counters.
Modern minimalism and classic modern both meld well with white stone counters. Steel finish appliances are beautifully offset by white stones on the counters. Pick from a variety of gorgeous white stones, each mirroring your personality and your home.
Beautiful & Affordable
The allure of white stones for counters is that they give the interior design effect of a more expensive marble but still fit within a budget. That makes this a promising trend in times where many are jittery about taking on huge expenses with the economy just getting back on its feet.
White stones adapt well to almost any design and decor sensibility. Whether your cabinets are antique or modern, whether you’re looking for something to make your counters look brighter, or whether you hope to make the island stand out in your open plan kitchen, chances are you will find that white stones work beautifully in any case.
Vetrazzo countertops have become very famous in recent days. They are the most preferred product selected among households these days. A Vetrazzo is a recycled glass material countertop that has an expressive design and sensational colors to fill the eye. It is mostly green in color and eco-friendly. The countertop is very practical and durable, capable of handling all the variable work done in a regular kitchen. It is made in the US with a non-resin binder and 85% post-consumer recycled glass. The item contains no toxic chemicals or petroleum products. Vetrazzo is known for its high resistance to moisture, chemicals, heat, and mold.
Sources of Vetrazzo
As a recycled glass, this counter top is made from the recycled versions of dinnerware, stained glass, reclaimed glass, windshields, windows, laboratory glass, traffic lights, etc. The various glasses are utilized through professional fabrication to give its current form.
Why is it popular?
There is no doubt about the fact that these recycled glass counters look fabulous. When you see them, you will be mesmerized by their charm, their intrinsic pattern, and the effect they will have on your overall home décor. These eco-friendly items will not only enhance the look in your kitchen, but they’ll also make it very easy and hassle-free for you to use all appliances on them. It will be a jewel to your kitchen, bathroom, and all other rooms.
Features of Vetrazzo
The countertops made from recycled glass that we know as Vetrazzo are bestowed with the following features:
- Easy to maintain
- Available in variety of sizes and design patterns
A Vetrazzo general comes with 10 years warranty and a recycling program, but that often varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. With the rising topic of incorporating more natural and healthier components into our interior design material, Vetrazzo is a great option.
Recycled glass counters are something that people may question when choosing for their kitchen or bathroom, but these particular counter tops offer a unique element to the kitchen. The texture and color possibilities available in these counters are endless and they are eco-friendly options for your home. Made from durable materials like granite, quartz, etc, they offer a trendy aspect to your interior design. Like all other items, these counter tops have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are planning to use recycled glass as countertops, it is better that you know all about it before you make the purchase for your kitchen.
Some more facts about recycled glass
Recycled glass counters do not require much maintenance. They are easy to clean with just a little soap and water necessary to get the job done. However, if the counter is cement-based, the binders used must be kept away from acidic substances as they might etch and affect the surface. If you are looking for a durable item that will hold up to all the tough work you do in the kitchen, then these recycled versions of glass countertops are perfect for domestic as well as commercial use.
Most often, recycled counters are made of 100% recycled glass. They also use new glass for the making of the counter tops. All of these variations are eco-friendly. Unlike cement, binders, or resins, glass does not use any chemicals or harmful agents that may cause problems to your health or environment. They help to share towards your valuable contribution in making the environment better.
Another advantage of this type of item is their versatility in design and colors. As they are available in various shades and design, you can choose based on the décor you already have or want for your kitchen. Crushed glass gives them a contemporary look, which is perfect for any modern kitchen.
The environmentalists of the stone architecture industry are figuring out ways to use their resources to continue their efforts in improving Mother Earth. It has been discovered that a lot of stone design companies are disposing of tons and tons of excess rock every year. In other cases, homes are being knocked down or renovated where the stone used in the design will be thrown out. When this happens, the stone inevitably goes into landfills.
Why does this matter? When we dispose of granite, whether it’s extra unused material or the byproduct of a house or building, we are throwing away money. As clients, we spend a lot of money to install granite fixtures in our homes be it countertops, floors, fireplaces, or stone accents. Stone is a precious resource for many reasons.
Stone is durable, indestructible, and ultimately a very valuable material in construction and interior design which is why it comes with a price. Given that it is indestructible, that leaves little reason to throw it away into a landfill where it will sit and take up space. The money and time you put into constructing with granite will be buried in the landfill right next to the granite itself when it’s thrown away.
Recycling granite is the newest thing to hit the stone design industry. More and more industry experts are catching on to the notion that saving unused granite and reusing it is creating a new industry in and of itself. Recycling granite vastly decreases the amount of it going into landfills and recreates the product into new countertops, floors, pathways, fixtures, and structures. Consequently, new jobs are created. Employees and businesses are needed to gather, build, sell and install the recycled granite.
As more people learn of these opportunities, the recycled granite industry will begin to benefit many people. The more companies that embrace this practice, there will be more jobs created and an improving economy. Most importantly, the cost of recycled granite is more affordable than the original product. Instead of throwing money away, use it to benefit the environment, the economy and your wallet.
Going Green seems to be the latest and greatest way to do just about anything these days. Using natural stone in interior design and exterior home construction is just another way of following the trend. Many people will tell you that there’s countless benefits of using natural stone products like being environmentally friendly, beneficial to our health, and durable; but one question that doesn’t get addressed enough is, “How?”
- Environmentally Friendly- Opting to use natural stone rather than synthetic material can benefit the environment in many ways. In its natural state, it does not require the use of energy or power for production. As a result, pollution is not generated in the creation of natural stone, and we’re saving energy for the Earth. Natural stone also has a thermal mass which naturally insulates, saving energy that would be needed to cool or heat a home.
- Durability- Rock is known for its indestructible qualities. When choosing between construction materials, keep in mind the ability of stone to withstand rain, wind, snow, hail, fire and heat. Further, when stone is used to build interior structures like countertops, it is not easily scratched, stained, or burned.
- Health Conscious- The natural state of stone means that no chemicals or synthetics are added to it. We should always be conscious of the material we’re using to build the place in which we live. This is the atmosphere in which we’ll spend a lot of our time and the air we’ll be breathing each day. Using natural material, especially stone, will lower our chances of ingesting airborne chemicals and having long-term health effects.
- Cost Effective- Considering its durability and the negative health effects we’re avoiding, we are saving money as a result. In the event that your kitchen counters or floors are made of a damageable product, you will inevitably find scratches and stains that you’ll need to spend money to fix. Also, breathing in contaminated air from synthetic material inside the home may result in paying for doctors visits and prescriptions. Meanwhile, using a natural, indestructible product will lower the chances of these scenarios.